Sunday, February 15, 2009


Valentine’s day means nothing to me
People run around looking for gifts
Candy, flowers, cards or stuffed animals
It’s nothing but sentimental bull shit
Artificial love and artificial feelings
What shows love like cards or candy?
Actual words, actual feelings and emotions
But that’s all lost
No one believes in it anymore
They believe in candy, cards, and flowers
And sentimental emotions and feelings
Heart shaped candy
Heart shaped chocolates
A secret admirer confessing their love
That’s all meaningless
For once in my life
I would like something more
I want something more out of that day
I want someone to prove that they love me
Tell me in their own words
Don’t send me chocolates, flowers, or cards
Because I won't pay attention
That stuff doesn’t catch my attention
It doesn’t show your true affection!
For Valentine’s day all I want is to be loved

No comments: